PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad habits or just the real way to fly?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 06:56
julietbravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad habits or just the real way to fly?

I'm going through some training atm with someone who is teaching me different things from what I learnt in flying school. I just want to know other people's options because I don't want to learn bad habits.

In the book it says set an attitude (eg. 12-15 degrees on the a/h) to give the required airspeed for takeoff. So when I takeoff I just go straight to setting the attitude with reference to outside then confirm on the a/h that I'm at an attitude of between 12-15 degrees and wait for the airspeed to bleed back to what's required. Instead I am being told to pull right back above the attitude and the aircraft almost straight away is at airspeed then slowly lower the nose to maintain it.

Second thing he's telling me is to turn then bug. I understand that as a pilot you should be able to fly and big simultaneously but I was always told to bug then turn and to me it is easier and makes more sense to do it that way.

Thirdly is I did a parallel entry into a hold and was waiting till the turn outbound was complete before timing one minute and then he asked if I was going to get him to time my one minute. I replied saying I was waiting for the turn outbound to be complete but was told no I start it once overhead which made my intercept inbound a lot harder with higher banked turns because I wasn't far outbound in the entry procedure. (I know the way he told me was wrong but was wondering why he would think that's the correct way to do it or been taught that way?)

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.