PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW start date
Thread: NOW start date
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2003, 20:43
Powerjet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yarpy

Tend to agree with you. If you can book 3/4 monthe in advance you are going to get a very attractive price from the LCCs but not everyone can do that so with Now's pricing looking to come somewhere in the middle, they MAY and I think it is a big MAY, just be able to carve out a 'niche market' from which to operate and win over some punters. Long term , only time will tell.

Have just booked a day return LTN-EDI-LTN for 6 Aug @ £159.88. Don't want to travel around the M25 to travel from anywhere else as LTN is ideal for me. For indications purposes only, Now are showing £35 o/w to Man, £70 r/t( I know these figs are not yet confirmed) but lets just say if they did offer an EDI service, which might pitch in at say £45/£50 o/w, £90'£100 r/t right up to deparure, I would most certainly use it, rather than EZY, as many of my flights fall within a booking period of say 4/6 weeks.If I want two weeks in Malaga for my hols, I would probably use EZY as this would have a longer lead-in time for me to get the cheaper fare. However knowing I could probably go to Tenerife on the spur of the moment for say £75 o/w, that has to be attractive.

Could be interesting.