PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I usually fly business class
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2016, 10:46
seafire6b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExXB
Is that really what they are doing? They are giving you a voucher which can only be used on another BA flight encouraging you to do exactly that (No more "I'll never fly them again"). I don't think they are valid for ticket purchase either, but you might even pay a higher price just so you can 'use' your voucher. Crafty.
Not quite so, ExXB. My first of the £200 vouchers was given 18 months ago. Until then I was a reasonably content BA customer, but then noted distinct slippage in their WT+ standards which then drove my contact with them. Not wishing to dismiss any company on the basis of one poor performance, I again chose BA WT+ for another trip, subsidised by their previous £200 contribution.

To my genuine regret, that second trip confirmed my previous experience was not a "one off"; BA were cutting corners to increase revenue, but to the observable detriment of passenger service. Hence the second of those £200 vouchers - they were used on a nice trip to Cyprus last June! So in my case, yes, as good as cash.

Also, to clarify a point you raise, such vouchers can definitely be used against the cost of BA fares. In fact, when booking, there's a specific "box" on the web page to enter a voucher number (with an option for additional vouchers), the deduction/s then being shown on the final cost breakdown.

However, I do seem to recollect the vouchers (didn't we once call them MCO's?) could not be used for an additional baggage allowance. Regarding onboard purchases, I have no idea. I never buy "stuff" on aircraft, but would imagine voucher-funded purchases are doubtful. Probably cabin attendants are busy enough with cash/card transactions, without then throwing voucher numbers into the mix!

Obviously a "I'll never fly them again" policy is difficult in realistic terms, eventually all the practical alternatives will be exhausted. Having said that, BA WT+ & VS PE are both on my current "no fly" list.

Meanwhile though, as demonstrated onwards from my post #35 at 13:56 16Aug on this thread, proving that BA have lost revenue, I've voted with my feet. Which then begs the question, will they notice - or even care?

With apologies for any thread drift....