PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeremy Vine Show - Pilotless Airliners
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2016, 08:59
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcockayne
Keith Williams
What makes you think that in your scenario the State is going to provide for all our needs. True, it does so for some selfish, anti -social spongers ( & some unfortunate individuals) at the moment; but, it will never be able to meet all our needs - for everyone. In any case, what is the attraction of such a lifestyle. Do you really believe that we will be cosseted from the cradle to the grave ?
I have to question the point of taking everything challenging & enjoyable out of life (by way of computers taking over) & replacing those joys (& reasons for living ) by making us one homogenous group of robots all doing the same thing ie. nothing meaningful; & totally reliant on what "Big Brother" decides is good for us.
I have no great understanding of the science involved in your technical scenario - but I don't want to be any part of the " Brave New World" that you describe !
In any event, I can see incredible social unrest on the , very distant, horizon ; if you prove to be correct.

Those very words could have been written by those facing the loss of their jobs in the "satanic mills"

Those arguments have been put forward before and found wanting.

With the benefit of hindsight, would you go back to those pre-industrial times?