PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I usually fly business class
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2016, 20:01
seafire6b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks PAXboy. My point was and as previously suggested here, if more people complained and if, for example BA, found themselves frequently shelling out various two hundred quid tokens per flight - just to keep the punters quiet - then hopefully, someone at Waterside will eventually realise, even although it's a trifle costlier, it's better to keep most of the people happy, most of the time.

Not Business Class, but an airline I admire is JetBlue; on my first flight with them quite some years ago, I had to keep reminding myself they're classified as a LoCo carrier. The online reviews and polls would seem to confirm that JB do indeed, "keep most of the passengers happy, most of the time".

PAXboy said:
The problem is not just the airlines. I cannot think of ANY company to whom I have complained that has not brought the standard letter but, mostly, silence. I have tried old style letters, emails and phone calls but NOTHING happens. If you get a standard letter, consider yourself lucky. I do not have the time to waste.
As said in my earlier post, perhaps I'm exceptionally fortunate, but your experience is vastly different from my own. That doesn't only apply to airlines, but numerous and varied other businesses too. Rather than simply complain, I attempt to offer companies a constructive insight regarding how they might improve their customers' perception and even gain some loyalty. However, if I feel my viewpoint goes unheard, then like most people, I'm certainly not averse to voting with my feet - but whilst also communicating accordingly. If all else fails, that's Joe Public's final sanction.

You never know, perhaps that's one reason why BA paid £200 for each of my two "Post-flight PR consultations" - all performed in minutes and on their own website too!