PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Overseas Bases
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2016, 17:52
JAYTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been mentioned before. What about part time work where 2 guys do 1 roster. 1 month at a time each.
They could live in company accomodation on a share basis. If needed they could share education allowance.

The negatives for the company.

2 pilots would need to be kept current with sims and line checks etc. 2 Guys would need to have medicals done. There would be double costs for insurance and staff travel.
Anything else???

Benefits to the company would be these guys could do 600 hours each in the six months of flying. That is effectively 1200 hours for a 1 year roster, an increase of 30% over a normal 1 year roster.

There would need to be some flexibility with the roster. Such as 1 guy could operate into their "base city" then the other could operate back when its time to change over.
Unfortunately I know just how inflexible the rostering can be here. They would have to change their attitude there for sure.

I really think there would be a number of guys who would take up this option if it was available.

Is there anything I am missing to make this a bad thing other than the normal cannot attitude here?

J