PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2016, 17:24
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MME has been hamstrung for many years.
Through councils arguing among themselves, poor managment/questionable management, the awful decision by the councils to lease/sell to Peel, airlines deliberately manipulating routes to put pax off (LHR), unfortunate circumstances (bmibaby & flyglobespan), Peels miss management (pricing GA out then targeting GA as a way of saving the place, fire cover, treatment of staff), the on going saga of which Peel entity owns the airport, who owns the land, broken promises the list is endless.
The whole place is a joke the way it has been run down. Some may argue it was due to global down turn, but that has past and nothing is happening.
Peel say that they will invest once they recoup money from the houses but this will only be a small amount and will be a lot less than the £25m they promised originally.
Unfortunately we have to accept Peel are in this for the long game 25-30 years. They ll get their way eventually and it ll be a housing estate with some warehouses.
I'm sorry CO I commend your optimism but you are blind to the truth. I feel that as part of DTVfriends or what ever they are called Peel have managed to brain wash you into believing their propaganda.
I fear one day your group will realise what is happening and it ll be too late!