PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO back at CX
Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2016, 14:09
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The company has strategically undermined and destroyed the value of our contracts and we have collectively done nothing to stop them.
I agree. As a collective pilot body whereby the AOA is the largest group there's a theme of reacting rather than being proactive. Chasing after a horse after it's bolted has it's merits if you can catch it. And I believe it's worth every effort to do so even though the damn gate should never have been left open in the first place.

Now, when we have finally.....
Key word is "finally". But why did it come to this? As I wrote, it should never have. The AOA and pilot body sat back and watched C Scale roll in without as much as a whimper. A few pathetic lines in the AOA Newsletters but no training ban against C Scale. No sick-out. No CC. Not even an AOA referendum. It didn't affect their lifestyle or back pocket at the time so no one cared. Warham even wrote that in order to protect your future you MUST protect your present. Few, if anyone and least of all the AOA gave a damn. I wrote ad nausea that C Scale will lead to a serious & undeniable threat to B Scale conditions.... I wish I was wrong but I really don't think I was.

Just look at the calibre of brains trust that boasts of being the "new generation" at CX... And that we're all living in the past; who defend C Scale as a good thing; who vote for short term bandaids instead of long term security.... Again, look at the present to view the future.

C Scale is here to stay as much as B Scale will be grandfathered out. Or as I sadly call this whole methodology: "prima nocta".

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 16th Aug 2016 at 19:04.