PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upset on AA Flight
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2003, 02:07
vector4fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dudly,

Apparantly, you have an "axe" to grind of some sort. I started my statement with an explicit appreciation for the professionalism of ALL the major airline crews I work with. I don't know whether that "axe" is with ATC or SWA...

That said, and since YOU ask, it's GENERALLY easier to:

Get a SWA crew to switch runways on a five- ten mile visual final.

It's easier to get a SWA crew to change departure runways. (rather than wait ten minutes while company comes up with a new set of "numbers")

It's easier to get a SWA crew to turn a visual base inside the FAF. (short approach)

It's easier to get a SWA crew out on a rolling takeoff with traffic 2 mile final.

It's generally easier to give a SWA crew a rather odd WX re-route due to TS. They generally accept the fact we're doing the best we can to get them safely on their way. Even if that means starting out SW 100 miles to go E.

And, yes, it's easier to "slam-dunk" a SWA flight. Perhaps they get more practice?

That's just a few off the top of my head. Now, I've seen pilots from ALL major airlines do similar things, but not often. And just as often, they complain, so we try not to ask. Perhaps the SWA crews just don't have time to call and chat with 20- 30 minute turns?