PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO back at CX
Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2016, 12:39
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numero,

the point where we differ is simply the question if this current war is in the interest of us, and I mean all of us. I see an obsessed concentration on improving C conditions in the current negotiations. It is common belief that C pilots are beeing exploited, I disagree. No C pilot ever received a cut, no C pilot was forced to sign the contract. Ironically, a lot of B pilots now rejected the TA offer, because they eventually realised that the bill for higher C conditions will land on the B table.Since introduction of C I listen to indignant B colleagues lecturing C pilots how inferior their package is, how unacceptable. I think this is wrong and might have created excuberant expectations.I understand that this might sound cynical, but I can assure you I am all in favor of sustainable improvements of HKPA. I respect C pilots, I think they are unlucky in a way, like I was unlucky to have joined at a time with no more A scale. I am at no point suggesting to sell any group out, I would never object any raise for C in order to get more for myself. I am just saying this is not my war anymore, I want to go home.

I concur completely with Anotherday, competitiveness is key.

Time will tell.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 11th Aug 2016 at 12:56.