PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I usually fly business class
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2016, 20:15
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
First off, never judge based on a single flight - everyone can have an off day. I scored a first class upgrade on a recent flight to Las Vegas - going was terrific, coming back horrid - same operator
I've flown international business on several operators - across both the Pacific and the Atlantic - and I can't say anyone stood out as a whole lot better or worse than the others (although the Asian operators always have younger, prettier flight attendants). Nearly everyone has the lie-flat seats now days with good video entertainment, and except for BA, one button push would do the lie-flat trick. I'm rather fond of the Delta layout that every business class seat has direct aisle access, although their seats tend to be a touch narrow for me through the shoulders when in the sleeping position. I also noticed Delta has a better selection of movies than the others (especially Asian). Food/drink have been generally pretty good - although here a slight benefit to the North American operators simply because their offerings tend to be more along the line of the type of food I prefer. I flew a Korean A380 from LA to Seoul recently - best Vodka Collins I've ever had at the bar in the back of business class

I've not flown international in economy in quite some time, but somewhere in the 5-6 hour range (domestic or international), I'm going to at least spring for premium economy. I'm getting too old to endure cattle class that long just to save a few bucks. I don't think any of the US operators offer complementary meals in domestic economy any more - so plan accordingly. I usually either eat at the airport or buy something to take on-board, although some of the stuff they sell on-board is decent.