PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO back at CX
Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2016, 02:34
BillytheKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You haven't answered the question. Why are you "upset that every one of the C-scalers that join, for whatever the reason, weaken our ability to negotiate for higher", when you yourself joined on B-scale, which had weakened the A-scalers ability to negotiate for higher just the same?
How is that not a valid comparasion?
I did answer your question, but to be clear I am not "upset" about them joining. The change in Hong Kong as well as the airline recession in North America post 9/11 resulted in B scale compensation being adequate. Again, that was in 1993. Should we discuss changes from the 1970's as well? What change has ocurred that causes C scale to be valid? The global recession may have been a temporary dip, but all agencies including Boeing and China are reporting an alarming future trend of pilot shortage.

Like it or not, pilot experience of CX new joiners in the past 5 years has dropped. That affects all pilots and employees of CX should a tragedy from pilot error related to inexperience occurr.

We have an excellent safety record at CX due to decades of exceptional pilots. Will that be true in the decade to come? I'm not so sure.