PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO back at CX
Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2016, 02:21
BillytheKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me ONE example where introduction of C did hurt you! One proof, one piece of evidence, one example, ONE!
HKPA was increased in the failed RP TA. That should have been negotiating capital to benefit all pilots, but was instead directed at C scale housing inequity.

You don't understand the business, with all respect. It doesn't matter if department A loses/spends more, management will always look to optimise cost in EVERY department ( and they should!). It is totally illogical to say : these guys in the fuel dept lost money, so we want to spend more as well. If there is any consequence from the hedging loss, then the opposite!
Your contention was that CX could not be competitive if it had to pay the C scalers B scale; I respectfully disagree. My reference to fuel hedging losses was to point out that even in the case of gross incompetence, CX still profited. B scale terms for all C scalers is a lesser amount compared to the hedging loss; therefore, CX would still be competitive offering C scalers B scale.

Also you don't understand what makes profit a good return on investment.
You assume too much of my understanding, or lack therof. I'm quite confident in my understanding of profitable business as I operate my own aside from CX.

Fun fact: all pilots on B would cost the company an extra 1-2 Billion per year. A third of an already meagre profit.
If you can back that up with actual proof, I will believe it to be true. Hard to find proof of that given our CEO tried convincing the world that cheap oil is good for us in spite of our hedges.