PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2016, 22:38
javelinfaw9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luton has stepped the drop off/pick up charge up from £2.50 for up to 10 mins then reasonable increments for 20 and 30 mins. It is now £3 for 10 mins, and £1 FOR EVERY MINUTE AFTER. This immediately panics drivers and will lead to an accident.
People "doing friends a favour " cause congestion by stopping anywhere when they realise the potential cost of this "lift to the airport" and try to get rid of their charges soonest.
The airport should have held all charges as a gesture to the inconvience suffered by passengers. The replacement of the licensed Taxi service by Addison Lee Private hire will not help. Although Luton Airport Taxis were the most expensive Taxis in the Country, Addison Lee have surpassed them. The current cost to my village in Northants, Bozeat computes as £94.60 one way. This is Double what Local Licensed firms charge.
I am seeing increased bookings for Other London airports Ba are benefiting at LCY and LHR. EMA and BHX are also proving increasingly popular. People are realising that the airport experience is part of their trip. I really feel sorry for Easyjet who have made Luton what it is today. Now despite giving up their on airport parking, Their staff are late for work stuck on bus`
s in the traffic.
Luton Council Kick the Spanish and APCOA backsides please.
They have had £48m of public money for the 3 mile extension of the A1081. Think they should be giving something back.