PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Words per minute
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2016, 20:02
Brad2523

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Words per minute

Hey folks,

Just a quick question on not looking like a total plonker. Today I flew into Cambridge City, I'm a new ppl in a robin... I'm very comfortable talking on the radio and like to think that I have been taught well.

The guys at Cambridge give a lot of information, very quickly. Today I was with an instructor and he managed to get everything down but honestly there was a point where I was cleared to land and I completely missed it in the message.

This happened again when being told where to park up, my instructor managed to hear but I missed it completely.

This is the first time this has happened to me - if I were on my own, i would have been missing all sorts of information. I know that it's my job to fly the plane and ask again for missed info.

i just wondered if you find this a common problem? I've been to Norwich and Southend and never had a problem, even the Americans at lakenheath I've managed to understand.

Not a moan at all to the guys at Cambridge, but I just wonder; what is the quickest you speak and do you feel like you speak fast? And is it necessary? (I understand Heathrow etc, but small regionals?)