PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotting ADF / VOR facilities
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 13:07
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Akro
And as for KRviator, I assume you are a VFR pilot? Your comments show a lack of understanding of flying aids for NPA currency. Whats required is an NDB and a VOR beacon within approx 20 min flying of Moorabbin that is not at a primary or secondary airport in airspace suitable for airwork between about 1000 ft agl & 4,000ft agl. Melbourne used to have 4. Now it has none. I believe Sydney is a similar situation.
I'm amused at how you automatically make assumptions simply because what I've said doesn't fit your agenda. But no matter, now you're talking renewals, not training, they are not the same thing. For training, you don't need the aid. It can be simulated with appropriate use of GNSS.

Anyway, last I checked, Mangalore has a VOR approach available and forms part of the BNN, according to OzRunways it is 26mins from Moorabbin. Call it 30 mins. Latrobe Valley has your NDB, and both have GNSS approaches available, leaving a 3D approach is all that you need to finish it off. If you couldn't get your 2D approach renewals out of the way in under 2-2.5 hours I would be surprised, assuming you're reasonably competent at actually flying them.