PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upset on AA Flight
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 14:18
Ranger One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAL_Silverbird,

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never knowingly met Lomcevak, but I trust the people who vouch for him, implicitly. Lomcevak speaks highly of the friend who reported the incident. That's good enough for me to say there is a case to answer, something to be explained - even if the explanation proves to be mundane.

I don't trust eyewitness accounts of what an aircraft did from non-aviation people - or at best I take them with a large pinch of salt.

However, if a *credible* witness makes a report of what *people* did - witness and 4 colleagues, frequent fliers, all 'startled', and CC stating they had 'never experienced anything like it' - then yeah, ask the questions.

Let's face it, on occasion 'incidents' do get... not exactly hushed-up, but perhaps not taken sufficiently seriously. Seem to remember reading a recent ?Norwegian? report of a ?757? crew pulling serious G at a preposterously low level, following a seriously unstabilised approach... was initially treated as 'probably tea with no biccies in CPs office' rather then the bloody near thing it really was...

R1