PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upset on AA Flight
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 12:12
AAL_Silverbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me get this straight Lomecevak, you tee up here on PPRuNe with the title of the thread of “Upset on AA flight” with the date, flight number, departure airport and arrival airport with an allegation of two knife edge 90 degree bank angles, a loss of 2000 feet at FL 200, "audio alarms" etc, etc, etc. Serious stuff to be putting on a public board about a major US air carrier. What you don’t think someone from the FAA sniffs around here to pickup little tidbits? Oh I’m sure the Super 80 Fleet Manager for American has already talked to the Captain about your “revelation.” Wouldn’t be surprised if the flight data recorder wasn’t pulled over this too just to keep AA Legal and the FAA happy.

You just want to “chat” about it here on PPRuNe just amongst us ol boys, hush hush, keep on the QT etc. You’re funny!

In answer to your question about just audio alarms, there are none. All alarms on the MD-80 are an audio alarm followed by female voice telling you what is wrong. On the MD-80 you can’t have one without the other.

We have all these “Walter Mittys” running around here on PPRuNe wring their hands every time a plane does a go around or a fire truck follows a plane to the gate. What’s the next thread “Flight Attendant Drops Glass In First Class Galley?”

Lomecevak I’ll give the crew the benefit of the doubt by saying I’ll put my family on any American Airlines flight, any day, anytime.