PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2016, 14:16
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a look at the old set down area today and there is no way that will be finished for a few weeks I would say.

What I also noticed was the fenced off section just before the pedestrian crossing is no longer there so it is two lanes now from around around 100m before the crossing, not that it was making a great deal of difference due to the queue to get into the drop off area. Just the odd car was keeping right so benefitting from the two lanes as the right hand lane is for the short term car park.
So really that is that then. With the temporary fence being removed it would seem that everything that can be done is being done. The queues to the M1 slip road seem to be no more but the traffic still extends past the Parkway turn to at least Capability Green at peak times and the full length of Airport Way towards Kimpton Road and a good way along Percivcal Way making the shuttle bus operation somewhat difficult to say the least and often all but shutting down the service.

No doubt some of that improvement along New Airport Way is caused by the locals picking different routes to get past the airport. Come late September the traffic situation will start to ease as the passenger numbers start to reduce but it is going to be a long summer for the airport.

Last edited by LTNman; 1st Aug 2016 at 17:04.