PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take a bow, guys
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 03:29
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just noticed I went through 1000 posts today. According to Danny's stat-cruncher, that's 1.17 posts a day! Sad or what? But, more to the point, it started me thinking about the forum.

We've now got a truly amazing spread of members ~
from student PPLs to Pros with thousands of hours in a whole host of different types and ops,
from Lu Zuckerman to Nick Lappos (you can't get more of a spread than that ),
and, most important,
members from the UK to the Antipodes, and almost every country in between whichever route you take.

There is so just so much talent and experience on this forum. As well as fascinating discussions, we get questions from all over the world about every conceivable aspect of helicopters and heli operations. Someone asks a question and another Rotorhead, often thousands of miles away, provides an answer in a few hours - usually closely followed by someone who says he's wrong or not quite right, but that's part of the fun. I don't think there's ever been a question which we've failed to answer. Sometimes, it's just a matter of referring to a previous thread. There's a wealth of learning in our archives.

My favourite thread of all time is probably still this one, which newer members may not have seen. It still makes me laugh. Nick Lappos - no more questions.

As a Mod, I rarely join in discussions (well, not in my Mod name anway ) it's the contributors who make the forum. You've made Rotorheads what now seems to be generally recognised as the best helicopter pilots' forum in the world.
Take a bow guys!

Enough of this sentimental crap!
Anyone want a job? I have to get a life some time!

Heliport

(Edit)
Thank you for your PM, Lu. It's very kind of you to offer, but .........

Last edited by Heliport; 31st Jul 2003 at 00:18.