PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Flight Training Academy
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2016, 19:40
MaverickPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nodeh586 Here is the link to the Emirates website where you can apply to the cadet scheme, it states you should be a UAE national although not emphatically as it states under the requirements that you 'should' be a UAE national, strange word to use when you are stating facts in my opinion. https://tas-ekgcareers.taleo.net/car...0000VC&lang=en

Chris the Robot I believe this might be the video you're referring to, yes very interesting, here is the link if anyone else has 40 minutes to spare.
https://youtu.be/03ppjh8lg_8

As for EFTA, I took some info from the Emirates careers website and also the EFTA website, so sorry for not being so clear in the original post.

Whether or not EFTA and Emirates are one of one, I think its hard to deny that they do not go hand in hand. As some else has said, Emirates will need a LOT of pilots in the coming years and I think its great that they are doing something about it in the form of EFTA. Emirates is thinking outside of the box and are building a grand training program to service their ambitious expansion. If it truly can accommodate 600 students simultaneously what else could it be for other than to accommodate Emirates demand for pilots in the coming years? Its obviously not just some tin pot training academy. I would also presume that Emirates management has found that employing western pilots to fly their aircraft is not a sustainable solution as many pilots seem to get fed up with the sand pit lifestyle and return back to their home countries. In passing, if EFTA turns out to be what its website cracks it up to be, its reasonable to suggest that some European airlines could use it in the future for their cadetships which generates more business. All in all, this paragraph sums up my thinking behind my original post.

Ultimately, I contrast what Emirates is doing with Airline Management in Europe who don't seem to be able to see beyond the end of their collective noses. For European CEOs it seems to be more about crisis management, maintaining the status quo, most importantly, meeting the shareholders wishes in order to secure their bonuses. Once the bonus is through they are on their merry way to let some other budding CEO have a piece of the pie. There does not seem to be any commitment to the companies or the building of strong companies with a long term strategy. As for recruitment and staff retention, thats a problem for the next CEO, in the meantime they just hope that people pay the ever increasing costs of pilot training and accept ever decreasing terms and conditions.... a trend which will not last regardless of what the sceptics say. The crew shortage at some european LCCs this summer will sink in hard soon!

Anyhow, as someone else said, western companies may just not be able to compete with state owned Arab companies ran by an autocratic management structure.
I most certainly am not an advocate of communism, but as the Chinese premier said recently, there are some difficulties with western democracy!

Rant over!

momo95, check out the CTC scheme with VS, ab initio to A330!

Last edited by MaverickPrime; 27th Jul 2016 at 19:48. Reason: I always hated proof reading