PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 13:53
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we've all remained very adult and have all put across our points of view in a respectful way.

I don't understand the comment on me and routes however. If FR opened up a whole host of new exciting destinations then fair enough. However, they haven't brought anything new and are simply cherry picking the beach flights. The new Polish roues whilst new will likely finish the morning after whatever incentive they're being paid to fly them. I'm sure you all can guess that I am a cynic!

I for one am a huge supporter of the North East. We are hard working people and we deserve real jobs and real career prospects and that comes from flying jobs, maintaining or controlling the aircraft. No offence to anyone but being a sales assistant (which I was at one point) a 'barrista' or a Subway 'sandwich artist' are not careers and that's all our airport will become - a mini metro centre with a runway attached with low paid, low prospect employment and seasonal at that.

We the north deserve better. I make no apology for thinking that. If brexit is the catastrophe that people make out to be then we need to fight for every *real* job. People need prospects and sustainable employment in real viable jobs.