PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO back at CX
Thread: DEFO back at CX
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 12:49
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, all I can say is 'good luck with that' toward the entire scenario.

Much of the world has changed and the airline business is a seniority driven one in most places--so getting in early is very important. Anyone who is considering where to go will have this in mind--and look toward future opportunities there (if joining for anything other than a stepping stone--which will attract mostly lower time inexperienced folks--who will then take their experience with them if they become disenchanted). Things in HKG have NOT been on the upswing lately and training resources are and will continue to be extremely limited -- no matter where they send anyone. Unlike things in the past, CX has been lagging majors in most first world countries and it's no real secret where we've gone over the past two years.

So the core issues aren't really addressed and I really doubt the 'patch' will have much effect.

If you're a selfish bastage who is hard to live with and having trouble with your marriage, running out and hiring a new wife (and hoping she doesn't figure out the real problem is with YOU) rarely works out well. Although the new pu$$y might seem nice for a little while, eventually things head south because you never made the fundamental effort to learn to live with someone.

And inevitably you wind up with TWO people who don't like you very much. Who are after your money after you've already spent a whole bunch of money on them.

Probably better to have made the effort to get along with the first one.

I actually see this as neutral overall toward the goings on. When one considers a career one must look toward the future and it has to be seemingly bright -- so this will have to happen before new folks start banging the doors down methinks.

At least they will know what they are getting into in any case.

Last edited by Shep69; 21st Jul 2016 at 13:43.