PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex RAAF ATC's need to get a life
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2003, 07:12
Intrepid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not a case of Son of Koko describing something that happened to himself. I am actually the subject of his vent and I thank him for his concern. It turns out that the disparaging and false annonomous information passed onto an Australian ATC employer about me had the desired effect of those concerned and I was not offered the job. I may have been very pi#$ed off had I actually wanted the job but I am now off to backpack around the world with my girlfriend. I'm pretty sure I got the better deal.

The fact remains that SOK's point has been illustrated beautifully by this event. There remains an element in RAAF ATC (and other parts of the services and aviation I'm guessing) whom will always seek to promote themselves by disparaging and rubbishing others. Usually those individuals are below par in actual job performance and seek to retain some perception of worth in the eyes of their superiors by nefarious, underhanded and questionable means. It will always be a fact of life in a political and competitive environment. I have no idea how you get around it if you just want to go to work and do your job, except quit, which is what I eventually did. Pity I really enjoyed the job but I don't regret my desicion to leave for a moment.

Thanks again for your voice of support and reason over the years SOK. I know you too are a great believer in karma and I have never doubted that what goes around will always come back to haunt. I sleep the sleep of a man vindicated.