PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2016, 12:46
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2738 - EZ had a seven aircraft base here. They have ben a three aircract base (same size as Thomson) for six years now and are (or were until very recently) NCLs biggest airline in terms of passenger numbers. Let's keep things realistic. EZ carry more than LS or BY and even if they no longer do they are certainly a major player here. To deny that would be foolish. Yes BY send in the *occasional* 787 from another base, but EZ fly aircraft from other bases through NCL. Most (except TCX) have fairly sensible flight times so LS are no different to the others. In fact some of the major TAs and even Thomson are buying seats on EZ aircraft offering an almost identical service (just less blue and more orange) than Thomson airways. However I completely agree with your stance on local investment. EZ also fly a lot more substantial winter program than the others.

EK777NCL - Thats great that you're aiming so high (!) with Nok, AirAsia and Wizzair. We'll just let the others suffer. As a child (your words) you may resent the UK like I did when i was growing up but once you see the world and you see that compared to some places we have it really good here you'll LONG to come back from the sand pit. Only you'll not have anywhere to go. I urge you to take a look at the Middle East forums for you to realise that many people there are deeply unhappy. And posting that publically.