PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2016, 11:13
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh don't worry it's not airlines like EZY and FR where I'm thinking I'll start out, it's airlines like Wizz, or more realistically Air Asia, Lion, Nok etc. And to be honest I can't wait to get out of the UK - too much uncertainty. Yes I would aspire to work for EK, but I realise it might never happen, but it's still a hell of a lot more likely than a job based at NCL

It is still investment into Newcastle, the plane could have just as easily gone somewhere else. I very much doubt Ryanair got the huge discounts on airport services that they usually demand (hence why it took so long to get them) so they still have to pay that. Spain and Portugal are booming right now, so it's good timing.

Added to this the fact that, arguably, it increases efficiency of the workers at the airport, the FR flights come in after all the based A/C have left, so they now have something to do when in the past it was much quieter. They also stimulate more winter demand because of the flight price, cheaper than the competition.

This £20 returns business is silly, I mentioned that I would like to see them to London if FR did it, as lead in fares. I obviously don't want to see £20 returns to Tenerife in the high season.

Yes, of course I'd rather see Ryanair base some frames... But that aint gonna happen anymore I don't think