PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC go on strike
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2003, 04:45
250 kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It suited many of the staff at MACC to be mobile or have to move 200 miles when they failed to validate at LATCC both in AC & TC. You can't have it both ways.

NATS saves millions over the next few years with the 2 centre strategy-you can be part of its' future or not-your choice!!

It has been well known that this was going to happen but too many people at MACC believed naively that it wouldn't.

I look forward to seeing some of you down here to bolster our numbers but I suspect most will go north and actually enjoy it when you get there.

Also can't see too many taking redundancy under 50. In most cases once an ATCO always an ATCO and not too many area jobs out there within 200 miles of Manchester.

Without room to expand the present ops room at MACC what is the other logical alternative to what is planned-a single operation at LACC with all the concerns about contingency or a new centre at Prestwick with just the present operation there which is not viable financially? I don't think so-for once NATS has probably got its' long term strategy right.