PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type rating of choice - hypothetically
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 00:49
VHF1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foghorns choice

Foghorn old boy.
I reply to ur question not as a paying for a rating basher, but merely as someone whos about to save u a fortune, a life and a serious loss of faith (and face).

I am, unfortunately one of those misguided fools who on the back of some "expert" advise went ahead and paid for a rating. B 737 300/900 is what it now says on my licence. The organisation I did the rating with,promised the sun, moon and all of the stars in terms of what they would give i.e. all of the post type rating courses and the line training into the bargain. They shall remain nameless, but are well known and based in the south of england. So the whole thing goes to plan and i get the rating.....to discover that i had paid my money to a bunch of thieves and liars...dozens of phone calls and e-mails later....nothing, Line training and courses not forthcoming. I hasten to add they have never actually refused to do the line training, only excuses as to why they cant offer the training " at the moment" . Meanwhile back at the ranch, im sending cv's making the calls .....zero.

The H.R. bods at the airlines dont care what ur licence says. They care about the fact that u dont have line training and/or hours on type. So go and pay ur money and take ur chances and see what the repayments feel like this time next year when you still have not even seen a signpost to the promised land.

my advice .......go on the piss for the next 6 months with your money. At least that way you will have the liver transplant to tell your mates about.......rather than your mates constantly asking about the job that hasnt happened and having to politely change the conversation to something a little more comfortable.

These days I like to use a quotation from Oscar Wilde albeit in an entirely different context..........THE LOVE THAT DARE NOT SPEAK ITS NAME.

Thread very carefully my friend......you WILL live to regret it.