PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paraidse Lost
Thread: Paraidse Lost
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2003, 11:50
Clive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well.... I go on a short holiday with the family and miss out on such a good thread... ****** !!

Must agree with your praise of NZ in past posts Kaptin. Never got to see much in the year I was based there but this holiday improved my vision. Missed Hanmer Springs but had some quality time on the slopes of both Islands, should have taken the family long ago.

Patriot 1.

I have enjoyed your posts. You say that your point is lost and you are failing in your intent. That is not the case. Please review the number of posts v's the number of viewings of the threads. There are many more who read this forum than post replies (as an example, note the number of replies I have made during my years registered here). You have much to offer... don't be detracted by personal attacks. Your assesment of Kaptin M is accurate. He has much to offer and is a good sparring partner for matters relating to this industry... but he can get cranky on the '89 issue.

I too have spent many frustrating hours at the keyboard attempting to put my aviation degrees to some use by waxing lyrical in this place on the parlous state of our industry. My conclusions are similar to yours (or what I think are yours)... the industry itself is to blame.

We have educated the customer to believe that a fair price to travel from BNE to SYD is $80 bucks (or there abouts), when we should be saying that if you want to do that trip in just over an hour... and safely.... then we may need to charge you more. To attribute blame for such failings would require a motivated intelectual with the need to complete a thesis. All I can say is that within aviation management the "Peter Principle" is alive and well. A fact that will always make aviation a dangerous place... both operationally and commercially.

Again... from this observer.... thank you for your input.