PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian VS Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2016, 21:14
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest from Norwegian:

Piloter og kabinansatte vant over Norwegian - Norwegian Air Shuttle - Børs og Finans - E24

The union brought NAS to court for violating Norwegian employment rules. The court ruled in favour of the union.

Pilotene ble overført det heleide datterselskapet Norwegian Air Norway i 2013, og senere til bemanningsselskapet Pilot Services Norway i samme tidsrom som streiken på vårparten i 2015.
De kabinansatte ble overført til selskapet Cabin Services Norway i 2014.
Saken er tredelt: De ansatte mener både at Norwegian Air Shuttle er reell arbeidsgiver, at Norwegian Air Norway har drevet ulovlig innleie av arbeidskraft og at den siste virksomhetsoverdragelsen er ugyldig fordi den skjedde under streik.
My translation:

The pilots were transferred to the daughter company Norwegian Air Norway in 2013 and later to the "pilot service provider"* Pilot Services Norway during the strike in spring 2015.
The cabin crew were transferred to the company Cabin Services Norway in 2014.
The case is divided in three parts. First, the union considers Norwegian Air Shuttle to be the lawful employer for the pilots and cabin crew, second that Norwegian Air Norway has unlawfully acquired employees and third that the transfer to Pilot Services is illegal** because it took place during a strike.

The court decided in favour for the union in first and second complaint, but not the last.

*The original word is "bemanningsselskapet" which I don't know how to translate to English. A "bemanningsselskap" is an agency for professionals with certain knowledges who then hires those professionals to people who need them. A "bemanningsselskap" can f.ex. employ nurses that other companies then hire for a fixed period of time during peak seasons.

**I think the word "ogyldig" actually would be "not valid" or "not applicable" but I chose "illegal" because of the context. Translation is haaard!