PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New deal
Thread: The New deal
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2016, 06:31
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me make the biggest point about this whole thing. Our union, and the company, are asking, no, expecting us, to continue to work for free. I do not know of anyone in this business working for free. How free "R" got in in the first place was absurd but to continue to do so is even more absurd. That is right, our NC negotiated for us to continue to work for free. Can you even imagine that these guys who are suppose to represent us and improve our conditions actually are going backwards by like ten years.

I was angry but now I am incensed. UPS just had a pretty good TA come through. Delta and SWA are picketing to improve their conditions. A few have left just this last month to go back to AA. Lots of the older guard are retiring. A lot of Chinese carriers are improving conditions with better pay and travel and we are going to get this TA? Holy hell.

Sift through the rubbish of the FAQs, read the side letters. Read all the stuff being sent and realize what's really at stake. If this gets voted in we should all have our heads examined for ever letting this happen.

Last edited by The Visionary; 1st Jul 2016 at 06:34. Reason: Angry spelling