PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2016, 20:16
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't changed by tune really... Airlines at NCL are stepping on each others toes a bit, but far from trashing eachother. Fares are still high, so are loads, and hopefully yields. They all live together quite happily at the minute, and all the expansion I can envisage is new routes, and new markets. It's not as if I'm wishing for EZY/FR and VY to fly daily to Barcelona so I can get £10 return flights, or have 10 daily flights to Alicante (some days aren't far off). Of course there's limited trade, but that amount of trade can be increased by offering more.

Brilliant news, good to see, EYZ cant quite let us go can they. I'm frankly relieved and pleased it's a SXF aircraft, that means there's a net increase in EZY's offering.

S17 will certainly be interesting, if it's true that BRS, BFS, BCN and PMI (GVA another possibility?) as well as SXF, are going to be operated from those respective bases, providing we are staying with 3 based A/C... That's something like 3 daily flights needing filled. It'll either go really well (massive expansion) or really badly (2 A/C).

The canaries argument, however. This brings us round in a circle, is there really demand for 2 new airlines flying to TFS this winter/next summer, and 1 new airline to LPA after LS just doubled capacity this summer? I suppose they were hardest hit when we went 757-738 and 757-A321 but that'll be a lot more capacity. I hope there is, but we'll see

I hope Berlin sticks around this time and makes Easyjet rethink city routes from NCL. I knew we'd get it :P