PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC go on strike
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2003, 04:28
bagpuss lives

Manchesters Most Wanted PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was making a similar point earlier today mhk though not especially in reference to the move North.

If we hark back to the days pre-PPP most of us were dead against the move - to the point of threatening industrial action. fF we were so against and we had've walked out - or at least seriously planned to - the Government's hand would have been forced somewhat. *At least in theory*. This would have had to happen during the initial stages of PPP planning of course - anything after that would have been wholly attritional and probably ineffective.

My point is - we, generally speaking, moan and complain about things but,again generally speaking, when it comes to the push we compromise gladly and perhaps too easily.

And the same goes, to a certain extent, for the move from MACC. If we stood together as a whole unit then management will at least be forced to think again. That would be greatly undermined though should the rest of NATS not support MACC - a very real and maybe understandable possibility at the moment.

Who knows what the answer is at this stage?

What thing I have been wondering - since we're in dire straits financially at the moment where is the fiscal backing for the new centre going to come from? NATS can hardly be classed as a good investment and we're hardly good for yet another massive loan. So where's the cash coming from?