PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I usually fly business class
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2016, 07:25
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLM flights
KLM are nothing to sing and dance about, I have flown with them inter Europe many a time, there was a period when they banned serving alcohol in economy whilst there would be a party going on the other side of the curtain in business, and when, because there were so many complaints, they reintroduced alcohol they had reduced beer sizes from 330ml to 250ml, so small it's not even worth serving and Heineken tastes like gnats pee anyway.

The one time I did fly long haul with KLM MNL/AMS/CWL it was OK ... Just OK.

In comparison I also flew many a time inter Europe with Swiss and long haul BHX/ZRH/HKG/BHX/ZRH, despite how much I hate becoming bored whilst flying I actually looked forward to my flights with Swiss, they were always such a pleasant experience.

And as for Cathay, the time I flew long haul LHR/HKG/CEB with them, on the cheapest of economy tickets, I worked in the airlines for some 30 years, but Cathay's catering was so good I kept the menu card:

LHR/HKG

Starter:

Herb marinated potato and bean salad.

Main Course:

Braised pork in chestnut sauce with steamed rice, broccoli and carrots.

or

Tomato and herb crusted chicken on peperonata and buttered gnocchi.

or

Spiral pasta with tomato mascarpone, black olives and cheese

Dessert:

Beachdean ice cream

Served with tea and coffee

That was served after an evening departure from LHR, before our afternoon arrival in HKG we found ourselves being served:

Breakfast

Fresh fruit salad

Fruit yoghurt

Cheese omelette with pork sausage, sauteed potatoes and mushrooms in tomato sauce.

or

Stir fried Shanghai noodles with chicken and mixed vegetables

Bread roll with jam and butter

Served with tea and coffee

Snacks:

Cup noodle and assorted snacks are available throughout the flight.

Than was LHR/HKG, then I had a 1 hour connection rushing around, not even time to finish a cup of coffee, before I was on my way HKG/CEB just in time to be served another 3 course dinner.

Fantastic