PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2016, 17:27
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highwideandugly, yes I must admit I have been very lucky with travelling, and the next year/18 months of travel is due to having just finished school, entered the world of work and discovered what it's like to get paid at the end of every month, with little responsibility outside not quite completely blowing every single penny of it :P

I do, however, understand. Not wanting to cause thread drift but I did see remain as the safest option. I have just come out of the education system, work in the public sector and I aspire to be a pilot. These three things I suspect will be (further) detrimentally effected by leaving, despite the claim of more money for the NHS and education I'm afraid I don't trust anyone in Westminster as far as I could throw them. It's also my rights as an NHS employee that I'm worried about changing, such as working hours and workload. With regards to piloting, that was, expensive, difficult and competitive enough! And now the few UK jobs for new starts will probably disappear and I'll be less attractive for EU airlines on account of having to pay for visas etc.

For the record I must say I'm not amazingly happy with the EU either, there is a lot to be desired there as well, but I felt that remain was the best course for me. But I do respect people who have made an informed decision on voting to leave. I just don't think going it alone ever really helps very much.

I wouldn't quite say parochial like... But I am optimistic and I have faith in my local airport, I wish others would. I know it's limited but I also know it could do a lot more. If I'm honest we probably have too much... LS/EZY/TOM/TCX/FR all limit what eachother can do. Competition is good but not when it impedes eachother's/their own growth