PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New deal
Thread: The New deal
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2016, 19:21
anotherbusdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Mr Fox, you are so short sighted.
The people here with no dog in your fight have been working hard to help you get a better deal THAN WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR!!!!?.. Get it?????!!!!!!!!

Take my advice and think about what experience has bought for those in this company here long enough to have been through this rodeo more than once or twice over the years - the most salient point is that the company will never give something for nothing, always stacks the deck in its favour and like the analogy I am referring to "always wins"..... Nobody is ripping you off, we are just trying to wake you guys up and hope that the short sighted gains of magic and mirrors and some sparkle dust will not be enough to distract your lot from the long term pain you will feel when HKPA does not keep up with inflation, and life is not as bright and cheerful as you imagined when you start getting rostered as per the regional fleet/ FTL limits (because it's legal).

I do hope you will project forward your life and see where it will be if you allow all protections to be stripped for minimal short term gain. Even truck drivers in Australia have better fatigue prevention laws than we have flying here. They will maximize you to the limits no doubt, and increase those limits whenever possible. Take care!