PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I usually fly business class
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2016, 14:37
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- I've flown long range on United once (EWR-DXB) never again. Crap legroom and poor meal choices (only 2 meals and limited 2 two choices) and terrible service all around. I tell people it was like being in a Greyhound, only the seat cushion was a city bus seat!

-Flew Etihad to Abu Dhabi in economy from YYZ: Godiva chocolate, 3 meal options (another 2 if you wanted a healthy option or veggie), 2 snacks (meat or veggie) and 3 drink rounds over the 12-13 hr flight. The cabin crew were attentive and always looking to improve your experience (i.e guy next to me IFE wasnt working the flight attendant asked if he'd like another seat, he didn't have to ask!)

-Flew domestic JFK-SFO on Delta.....2 drinks and a "salty or sweet packet sir?" FOR A 6 HOUR FLIGHT, flight on Jetblue from BUF-JFK was great, lots of legroom and the MINT upgrade wasn't too expensive if you wanted it.

-Flew domestic DXB-DOH then KHI (2.5hr) got a full breakfast, snack if wanted and amazing seats with great legroom in economy.

The way i see it, while the NA carriers are complaining about ME airline profits, airlines in the ME, Asia (select few) and EU (some airlines) are sacrificing legroom, meal costs, and that added feature from first class all the way to the guy that's gotta sit in economy next to the lavatory, to earn respect and reputation!

While the NA carriers retrofit their 767's and 1990's 777-200's, the ME carriers have enough redundant customers to push 787's and a350's right through their fleets. It's a sad state when all the US carriers care about the making money on efficiency and fees, what ever happened to customer service and experience so that the customer will return (the principle of marketing)??? Only Jetblue seems ahead in the domestic market, and a few Delta planes internationally. It's sad, and what's worse is that amongst the gazzilion US airlines, they all price like a monopoly. Sad really....anytime i get an option to pay a few bucks more for a Virgin or an EK, its a clear choice now.

The way i see it, US carriers First Class is like sub-par business on EVA, EK or SQ - the economy? Like a recession in comparison.