PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help buying/flying a micorlight('Lambada') Hungary to Ireland
Old 25th Jun 2016, 05:35
UFO-flying-Airbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help buying/flying a micorlight('Lambada') Hungary to Ireland

Hello all,

I'm travelling to Hungary shortly to look at a microlight for sale there and would be very grateful if anyone might be able to help with out with some queries regarding this.

The aircraft in question is a UFM-13/15 Lambada motorglider with a Rotax 912 ULS engine.

I would be very interested to know;

1. Is it legally possible to fly it from Hungary to Ireland? Staying within the E.U.
It has a Hungarian ARC at present.

Perhaps someone on here might have some experience of international flying and could help me plan such a trip?
I have downloaded SkyDemon for my iPad and it seems very useful.

I would need to transit;
Hungary, Austria, Germany, Belgium and the U. K.
It doesn't have a transponder at present however I might be able to get one fitted with the help of the current owner.

Is Mode C enough or would I need mode S capability too?

2. I am going to do some TMG flying shortly to renew my TMG rating. I'm assuming that that will cover me to fly a microlight? I have an ATPL(A). However I understand that, technically, I only need a microlight endorsement to fly this aircraft. Is that correct?

3. Lastly, might anyone be able to point me in the direction of a reputable insurance broker? I only have Google to go with so far.

Any help regarding helping me to plan such a long trip would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

UFO-Flying-Airbus