PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I usually fly business class
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2016, 19:18
Mr Optimistic

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
I usually fly business class

...because the company pays, obviously. However, having just returned from the USA having flown economy because of customer requirements, I would like to offer the following observation.

I flew out with Virgin Atlantic and it was a good experience to the point that I wondered why do we bother paying 5 times the ticket price when economy is more than enough?

I flew back with Delta and now I know. If you want an experience reminiscent of a 1970's charter flight on a cramped aging and noisy 767, please fly Delta economy.

'Chicken or pasta', chuck, 'chicken or pasta', chuck.

' Can you tell me what the food is ?'

'Stuffed chicken or lasagne'.

'I don't like cheese, what is the chicken stuffed with?'

'Cheese'.

''Oh, nothing else ?'

''Yes, salad'

'What sort of salad?'

'Cheese'

'Oh'

'Chicken or pasta , chicken or pasta....' fading into the distance.

Knees pressed against seat in front, seat with limited recline, perhaps because entertainment screen doesn't swivel, sound on entertainment so poor it's unuseable despite a good selection ( but at least screen worked unlike that of the passenger next to me).

'Chicken or pasta, chicken or pasta...'

So if you want a Soviet style experience fly Delta economy, but if you want a good service which renders business class obsolete, choose Virgin.

I flew Delta in economy last in 1976 when they were the bees knees. What in earth has happened to them such that I have had to register a complaint with my company and a restriction that the combination of Delta+economy+767 is such that I'll refuse to fly?