PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Line Training
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 08:29
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Enzo, while I might agree with your sentiment, factually, you are not right. There have always been various ways into the industry which involved putting up a lot of your own cash. The airlines that take cadets are inundated with suitable applicants, so there has to be an alternative route for the ambitious wannabe who can provide the funds. I came up through the old self-improver route 25 years ago and watched people do instructing for no reward, buy jet type ratings with career development loans from the UK government. work as Pilots Assistant for no pay, buy FO development programs from the USA on TP's and jets. Eventually, all these guys and gals got jobs which were worthwhile. I know of people in my own airline who have debts in the area of 140k, but they are pretty cool about it when they are in quite well paid employment and looking at many of their contemporaries who are unemployed after University and sitting on 60k of debt. Welcome to the modern world, so glad it is not mine!