PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New deal
Thread: The New deal
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 07:30
Some How I'm Tired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally agree. This is more like an annual negotiation gone wrong rather than something that is meant to a significant improvement to our working conditions:

HKPA: The biggest benefit put in there as a bribe to get the rest of the rubbish over the line. Still very low ball and should not be considered. No indexing.

Rostering: Barely any improvement to an abominable Rostering Practices Agreement. Loose terms, free Reserve, free G days ('disruption')...need I go on. Total rubbish.

ARAPA: Where is the 25 years WITHOUT an end date of 2020? This was promised years ago and they are still failing to live up to their obligation.

Pay: What can I say? Less than forecast CPI. A formula to ensure we never actually reach CPI. Reduction in purchasing value to 2021, so a PAY DECREASE in real terms.

I respect the hard work of the NC, however, this is the best they could do with a cunning and nasty employer. It therefore behoves us to throw this back at the Company and say 'sorry, this is not an improvement that warrants our support. Therefore status quo with CC and TB until you come back with a sensible offer'.

Anyone who votes for this needs to go see a professional. If you are on HKPA and all you can see are a few $, then remember that for this minor gain you will be subjected to fatigue and loss of lifestyle rostering, plus a reduction in your salary purchasing value for many years to come. Is it worth that?

Just terrible. Definite NO from me.