PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New deal
Thread: The New deal
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 18:09
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The New deal

Not really great but will we get any better? Too many caveats and "visit later" issues. Sneaking in "R" permanently now is no good but then again, no matter what, you can always call in unfit. The Reserve thing really bothers me as I hate Reserve and do not think it should be for everyone all the time. They abuse it a lot. The J/F class thing again is worded poorly.

I would like to have the level 1/2/3 sickness policy rescinded before we vote. I think we give up more than we get personally and allow them to do pretty much whatever they want. As in the past, agreements always get violated and we can file grievances, which get turned down, or file lawsuits which drain resources.

If the GC says yes then I guess I will say yes. I am not sure what I would do on my own but probably no. We know what housing will look like in the next few years. I also would like the pass travel system fixed and the priority system fixed. Again, CC was about RPs, NOT anything else. I thank the GC and NC and President but think we may be getting duped UHGAIN!

I am not sure what will happen if it gets voted down but like RP 04 and RP 07, somehow it will pass! For what it's worth, talking to colleagues around the world, nothing is perfect and we are about level in some respects, behind in some and ahead in a few.

In summary, The "R" system is bad, still 30 days. The Pass travel system is still atrocious. Housing is being eroded. The RPs still gives the company a lot of leeway. The pay rise, including; day off pay and swaps is low. The new fangled computer bid system will be meaningless as they will still be able to "adjust" your roster if we sign the deal. The rest is just words.

Discuss and please lets keep it civilized.