PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 09:06
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I most certainly do hope that you are wrong there... I think there could be a few more potential destinations, as I said, Cape Verde, Morocco I think would cover Egypt/Tunisia/Turkey bound passengers whilst also opening up the city break market - Marrakech is very popular. I'd have thought TOM could get away with x1 weekly Agadir, x1 weekly Sal/Boa Vista and LS with x2 weekly Marrakech.

I hope Ryanair make city breaks more viable again by making them affordable for most NE passengers, as well as stimulating demand for their own, and other routes if the price is right across the board. I think EU cities with cheap flights have a definite potential from NCL, including London, with £20 or less return, I think FR could win over BA and the train 9 times out of 10, even to Stansted.

Cheap/convenient (Read: Available) flights to places like Lisbon/Porto/Bilbao/Santiago De Compostela/Seville/Valencia could prove popular as more "exotic" Iberia. How about La Palma as an "exotic" Canary island.

It would be interesting to know, however. Why don't we have a flight to Tel Aviv? Have we ever? Do charters ever come in? I know MON used to get contracted do a yearly charter to Krakow for local Jewish children, but last time that happened they used their 757's... Not sure what's happened with them