PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRJ down in Sweden
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2016, 20:56
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sveriges Radio P4 Norrbotten is a radio channel that covers the area where the plane crashed. They are reporting that work with retrieving plane parts have started (as reported the 13th of June) and they are concerned about how the remaining fuel might affect wild life.

Nothing is mentioned about the crew, but having a little knowledge about the area, I would suspect there is very little to do. Polar foxes, wolves, lynx, bears and other predators might have already done their deeds. As I said before, this area is very remote and there are no roads. The ground has not been stable enough (or snow free enough) for retrieving crews to get there until now. Northern Sweden is very similar to, lets say, Alaska, for you who wonder about the environment in which the plane crashed.

I am hoping they find wreckage that might explain why the IRU stopped working! Nothing is mentioned about that in the broadcast.

For those who are interested in hearing Swedish: a link to the broadcast: Det norska postflyget ska nu bärgas - P4 Norrbotten | Sveriges Radio

Sorry I didn't update this immediately I found it. Been busy!