PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot upsets DUB ATC once again.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2016, 18:45
RHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is honestly some of the biggest nonsense I've ever read on this "Professional" pilots forum.

From the recording, she gave no warning, the Stobart, who had been cleared to push after the BA aircraft, started their push, and the BA ground crew stopped the push. So during this period, the BA pilots will have their headsets on, and would of course be listening to the frequency, I think they might have managed to hear "BAW81D stop push" but the ground crew beat them too it.

So he raises this, rightly, to the ground controller. Instead of just apologising, and getting on with life, the controller immediately tries to place the blame on the crew.

So the Shamrock Pilots start chipping in with their complete lack of professionalism, and call the BA pilot a "tool" on open frequency, and the BA pilot is the bad guy for filing an ASR? How about every single day in LHR when Shamrocks are told to MONITOR tower and immediately check in with "Able intersection...... If it helps" with a queue of heavies in front, and an exceptionally busy frequency.

99.9% of *actual* Airline Pilots would I'm sure also file if they had been cleared to push back in to another aircraft, and a collision was avoided at the last line of defence (the tug crew). It's not to apportion blame or somehow get one over on the controller, it's to highlight that a failing had occurred. How do you know this hasn't happened with the same gate 15 times in the last year and a trend is developing? You don't, unless you file, and the company has the data.

Anyone characterising all BA pilots as unprofessional, honestly, the chip on the shoulder is real.