PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2003, 22:19
Jim Morehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For WINGS or anybody, why does Brunei NOT want US ratings? Not to single out any one country, what difference does it make for somebody who has a type rating from XXX country when the new airline is going to send you through THEIR school and procedures anyway?

I am very happy where I am now,but in my job search some 6-12 months ago I found this same restriction. It seems stupid to limit access to qualified pilots just because they have a rating from XXX country.

Does any one know why this is somewhat commonplace with some countries? I realize their are right to work lawas in some countries,but that should have nothing to do with a particular rating or where one got it initially.

Another thing I find interesting is that many employers expect you to be current on every airplane you ever flew or you are not eligible for "their" good graces. I have 4 type ratings and I could only be current in one at a type. I suppose if I was independently wealthy or owned an airline life might be different <bg>!