PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot at it again at Dublin
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2016, 08:49
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Angels-One-Five
Controller f**cked it up. Gave Push/start with no conditional on the speed bird, just to the Aer Lingus (atr??). All she was going after that was covering her own ass and still went on to contradict herself. No need for the BA pilot to discuss it on the RT though - file an MOR and let the investigators sort it out
Many years ago, I "messed up" badly with vectoring an AUR SH360 to what I had hoped would be a short final. The idea being to save him time & get me out of vectoring problems with following a/c. He had to go round, so no one gained, & my problems increased. I was embarrassed by this, but the only course of action was to make an abject apology - which was graciously accepted. (In actual fact, I think the Captain was a little surprised to have received it). There was, in my opinion, nothing to be gained by an investigation. I learned plenty from the experience & I never did it again; & the Captain was satisfied to have me accept culpability & to have made the apology.
Nowadays, would we inevitably have been into an official enquiry & disciplinary action? I don't think it was necessary, although I suppose you could say that other ATCOS would have gained from analyzing this event.