PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2016, 20:20
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where on earth are Luton going to put an extra 2 Easy Jet airliners from September, or are there a lot of extra stands coming on line by then ?
I would take easyJet's press release with a big pinch of salt, I have not read anywhere that I have seen, quoting the exact number of aircraft based at the airport this winter...

easyJet's flying programme, during the winter month's is always scaled back, compared to the summer. While I think the number of aircraft based at the airport, does not really change, the fleet is used far less intensely, with many of the routes to the tourist destinations in the Mediterranean scaled back.

As I mentioned before there is no plans at present to operate Sharm El Sheikh this winter and previous years that has flown 5 times weekly.

The 4x weekly routes to the Canaries, just about fill this gap and then you have Toulouse 4x weekly. I am guessing and thinking they will be operating the equivalent of two extra aircraft from the airport this winter. But with aircraft that would usually be parked up for the day, previous winters.

If they are basing an extra two aircraft from the airport, then that means easyJet have many more routes to announce, in the coming weeks. As the above mentioned routes barely keep 0.5 of an aircraft busy for the week, and that means the old Sharm El Sheikh route still needs filling with another route or two.