PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone worried about Brexit for UK business aviation?!
Old 18th Jun 2016, 21:51
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is - the UK does not see itself as a real part of the EU and more importanly, Europe. At least someone from the rest of Europe would have that impression.

We had our differences, true, but since 1945(coming from the loosing side of that war) we had a very good understanding, growing respect. Maybe even friendships, now and then.

But the UK always went that other way, starting with the Iron lady, getting that "Brits discount", and we idiots(ok, our idiotic governments at least back here at the mainland) accepted that which was the absolute wrong decission. It could have been stopped already there, so maybe you would not worry about a Brexit because you would have been never "in".

If the UK leaves this would be a lesson for the mainland not to give away any more "extras". Either you want to be a true European and stick with the countries that need your assistance(just think about the Syrian refugee situation and the NOT participation of the UK).
If you just want to pick the nice things it is well time to leave, good for both sides. And it saves us some money.

Back to the question. Yes, of course a Brexit will have impact on business aviation back in the UK. How could it be different. All agreements will be void(as they said when Scotland would leave the UK) and have to be renegotiated. If any government on the mainland will not support that they will loose the next vote back home. People are getting tired of this BS.

And yes, I agree, the burocrats in Brussels are a pain in the A, but again, either you are in, with all advantages and disadvantages, or you are not.

No offence intended. But the UK pushed it much to far over the last few years with picking just the nice things out.

@what next

Most likely true as well. The Pound may stay strong(I really do not believe that, but let's see, popcorn is out ;-) )this might cause the next problem. Nobody will go there anymore if not absolutely necessary. I avoid already amazon.co.uk (one of my favorite stores before because I like original movies and series) but with the to strong pound it was expensive to shop there. Strong pound, bad for tourists. And shoppers.