PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone worried about Brexit for UK business aviation?!
Old 18th Jun 2016, 13:47
Sheba29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO to a united states of Europe, YES to democracy once again. We have almost always had friendly relations with European countries in modern times, we will continue to do so, respect their EU and travel and trade in almost the same old way, hail brexit
Sorry, but this is the problem with the whole Brexit debate: the complete disregard for facts. Call me a loony leftie, but I wouldn't count 1939-1945 or the war in the former Yugoslavia as periods of friendly relations with European countries. And if you think EU travel and trade should continue the same way (and as a pilot you probably should, as your income depends on that), then you really ought to vote remain.

Throwing in my own two cents, I find it hard to see a scenario where business aviation (or, indeed, any aviation in the UK) will benefit from Brexit. The CEOs of every major airline have come out in favour of remain because the alternative (Brexit) is a threat to their business, and, consequently, a threat to jobs in the industry.

To the undecided, or s/he who thinks the EU is a load of bureaucratic nonsense (and really, I get it), then I would urge you to read the Times newspaper's editorial on the subject. They make very well the 'doubters case for remain'. It's very worthwhile reading

Remaking Europe | Comment | The Times & The Sunday Times